Monday, September 29, 2014

Hello again.

It's been a long time since my last post. Mostly because I was burnt out after all the long distance last year and a full season of cyclocross (CX) racing. I had about 6500 miles of riding last year (including Belgium Waffle Ride, riding the Italian Alps: Motirolo, Stelvio & watching the Giro d'Italia with Thomson BikeTours, Mt. Everest Challenge & Rebecca's Private Idaho Gravel Grinder.

This year is the year of dirt riding - more dirt, less road.

Started out with the Tahoe 100K in June. Barely finished under the cut off time of 8 hours. This race was hard but overall fitness was good considering only 4 weeks of training. 

Highlights of the race for me: receiving the empty shell that was shot 2 seconds after I finished & unexpectedly receiving an entry to the Leadville 100. 



And no, Leadville isn't in my future (yet). 

1 comment: