Monday, June 11, 2012

A June Weekend

The weekend started off to a great start with an Italian Happy Hour at one of my favorite pizza places – Crust in Encinitas. I met a new friend, Laura, straight from Milan (arrived 3 weeks ago). The happy hour was organized by my Italian teacher, Jodina (www.italianowithjodina.com). We took the picture since we matched with our "arancione" colored clothing (very Italian).



As for cycling, Saturday had only planned for a 3 hour ride based on my schedule. I joined Ride Cyclery ride and ended up riding 84 miles in 4.5 hours with head/cross winds both ways.  It was one hard ride and a great group! First time I actually felt safe in a group ride here in San Diego. Brent from Ride Cyclery did an awesome job leading the ride. 





Check out the ride route - I earned the QOM on Killer Cove Road :



Saturday evening included a relaxing time at home and a capture of the evening's sunset at Beacon's Beach. This particular sunset reminded me of Suzanne Rivera (B4T9 sister) whom I'll always keep close to my heart. 

Sunday morning started with an "easy" ride to La Jolla with my dear friend, Bradley, and a scrumptious brekkie at Swami’s. Followed by a day well spent with my family. My sister and I even managed a quick trip to the MAC store to purchase some much needed summer make-up.  MAC has very cool colors to keep me looking good off the bike “naturally”.  I'm loving the "full speed ahead" lipgloss and "mint" eyeliner. Bronzer is always a must and so is the neutral eyeshadow.

It was a great weekend of riding, family and special friend time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment