Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Solstice Celebration - MoonLight Beach - Encinitas


Photo op at the Del Mar beach






Wednesday started out as a beautiful summer solstice day. Barbara and I resumed our weekly Wednesday GLD ride. We decided on a recovery ride up the coast for one hour. We focused on our pedal stroke, keeping our cadence high and riding in a pace line. 

Bike stop to snap a photo - Del Mar


Check out our ride on Strava:

Amazing sunset at Moonlight Beach

Today was a special day - the summer solstice. I had shared the idea with Jodina (http://italianowithjodina.com/), my Italian teacher, that I wanted to celebrate solstice at the beach. She jumped on board and we planned a beach BBQ at Moonlight Beach. We invited several friends to join us.We had quite a turn out considering it was a "school" night. We grilled chicken from El Nopalito Mexican Market - Encinitas, salmon, bell peppers & steak. We even managed to drink some vino. The best parts of the evening included an amazing sunset, spending time with new and old friends and the flying paper activity. 

The friendship line
My sisters




The ladies with our token male, Eric


Jodina surprised us with her flying paper activity. She gave us tissue paper to write down something in our lives where we sought abundance. After everyone had written down their thoughts, we gathered around the fire and one at time, tossed in our sheets of paper. Everyone participated and thought it was such a great way to end our solstice celebration. 














A balanced life for me includes making time for the people I love and to enjoy the simple things of life. I also appreciate my recovery days/weeks because they allow me to rest up, gather my strength and give me extra time for other fun activities. It's all about having balance. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice :)) So glad you took the time write about our bella serata del solstizio. What a nice way to recapture and savour a well-lived evening.
    Blog on Diana :D
    E buon estate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodina. Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

      Delete
  2. Great post & great info! I nominated you for the "Lovely Blogger Award" because I think your blog is awesome and you offer so much great, useful information Swing by my blog to see more about this award! Look forward to reading more from you! :)
    -Jesica (runonorganic.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jesica. I enjoy following you on instragram and will check out your website. I'm glad you liked my blog. Just started blogging a few weeks ago, inspired by http://fitandfortysomething.com/. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

      Delete