Wednesday, March 16, 2016

dirt riding.

Rock Cobbler 3.0 - The year of the black cobbler 2016 -  this was my 2nd gravel grinder and by far one of the toughest rides of my life. Good news I was well prepared for this 85 miles, close to ~7K feet of climbing in beautiful Bakersfield. Key lessons here: eat well, drink well, stay positive. Hardest parts were the hike and bike sections. The best part: having a partner supporting me throughout the ride. I started the ride thinking I’d call my teammate to pick me up at some part of the ride but knew in my heart that finishing was the only option. I’m grateful  for Adventure Cross Bicycling  for the Saturday training rides.  Gravel grinders prove to be hard work and exhausting. It's also about the adventure and less about the speed - at least that is what I keep telling myself.  Gravel grinders test your endurance and bike handling skills as well as your patience. 


We did it!


On the fun and dirty side I attended the 2nd annual Sedona Mountain Bike festival. My friend Barbarah  and I signed up for our first women’s specific mountain bike clinic hosted by Vida MTB Series. We managed a quick dirt ride on Friday and attended the clinic  Saturday.  I did learn some key skills at the clinic such as positioning on the bike and also realized I still need to learn quite a bit more of mountain bike skills. I met really cool women (both attendees and coaches). Quite impressive were the 60 years old in our group shredding like bosses. I highly recommend skill clinics for any type of mountain bike rider. 

Our awesome group at the Vida MTB skills clinic
Barbarah shredding the red dirt trail
A vortex...amazing site
Barbarah spent Sunday demoing a full suspension mountain bike while I took to the trails with a new friend I met at the clinic.  It was a quick trip to Sedona and can’t wait to return and explore more trails. 
Great part of skills clinics is the fun people you meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment